Tenant-Shareholder Rules & Regulations
In addition to the legal items found in the Tenant-shareholder’s proprietary lease, SBT has included a list of Rules & Regulations that govern basic interactions between Tenant-shareholder’s, communal spaces (hallways, stairwells, courtyards, playgrounds, laundry rooms, elevators, etc.) and apartment issues (balconies, windows, ingress/egress, etc.). Please read below for the exact list of SBT Rules & Regulations as found in the Cooperative Offering Plan.
SBT Rules & Regulations –
1. The public halls and stairways of the Buildings shall not be obstructed or used for any purpose other than ingress to and egress from the Apartments in the Buildings, and stairwells shall not be obstructed in any way. Owner reserves the right to remove and dispose of any obstructions in the public halls, passageways, elevators, areas or courts of the Buildings at the Tenant’s cost, including but not limited to tricycles, bicycles, scooters, similar vehicles, baby carriages, shopping carts and plants, planters or paintings.
2. Children shall not play in the public halls, stairways, laundry rooms or elevators.
3. No public hall above the ground floor of the Buildings shall be decorated or furnished by any Tenant in any manner without the prior written consent of Owner and of all the Tenants to whose Apartments such hall serves as a means of ingress and egress. In the event of disagreement among such Tenants, Owner shall decide.
4. Each Tenant shall keep such Tenant’s Apartment in a good state of preservation and cleanliness and shall not sweep or throw or permit to be swept any dirt or other substance from the doors, windows, terraces or balconies thereof.
5. Apartment doors leading to the hallways are to be used for ingress to and egress from the Apartments and are not to be kept ajar for the purpose of ventilation.
6. No article shall be placed in the halls or on the staircase landings, nor shall anything be hung or shaken from the doors, windows or balconies or placed upon the window sills or rails of the buildings.
7. No Tenant shall make or permit any disturbing noises in the building or do or permit anything to be done therein which will interfere with the rights, comfort or convenience of other tenants. No Tenant shall play upon or allow to be played upon any musical instrument that plays or otherwise emits sound in such Tenant’s Apartment between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and the following 8:00 a.m. No Tenant shall permit phonographs, stereos, radios, televisions or other electronic devices in such Tenant’s Apartment to emit unreasonable levels of sound at any time.
8. No construction or repair work or other installation involving noise shall be conducted in any Apartment except between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (not including legal holidays).
9. No awnings, window air conditioning units or ventilators shall be installed or used in or about the Buildings except as expressly approved by Owner; nor shall anything else be projected out of any window of the Building without similar approval.
10. No sign, notice, advertising or illumination shall be inscribed or exposed on or at any window or other part of the Buildings, except as approved in writing by Owner.
11. No alterations, additions or improvements to the balconies of the Apartments, including but not limited to painting thereof, the installation of screens or other enclosures thereon, or otherwise, shall be made by any Tenant without the prior written consent of Owner.
12. Apartment balconies shall be used only during reasonable hours and for regular sitting purposes and shall be maintained in a clean and tidy condition. They shall not be encumbered or cluttered with personal property and shall not be used for bedroom purposes, storage space, clothes lines, etc., or in any way utilized in a manner which will detract from the appearance of the Building’s or cause inconvenience to other tenants.
13. Nothing shall be hung from the windows or balconies; or placed upon window sills. Neither shall any tablecloths, bedding, clothing, curtains or rugs be shaken or hung from any of the windows or doors.
14. All cooking and barbecuing on Apartment balconies is strictly prohibited, except as allowed under applicable law.
15. No radio, television aerial, satellite dish or other telecommunication device shall be attached to or hung from the exterior of the Buildings without the prior written approval of Owner.
16. Any plantings on the balconies must be of reasonable size; and shall be contained in boxes of wood lined with metal or other material impervious to dampness; and standing on supports at least two inches from the terrace or balcony; if adjoining a wall, there must be at least six inches from said wall. All plantings and containers shall be easily movable, and suitable weep holes shall be provided in the boxes to draw off water. It shall be the responsibility of the Tenant to maintain the containers in good condition and the drainage tiles and weep holes in operating condition.
17. It is not permitted to affix window boxes or other planting devices to the top or exterior of the balcony railings; however, window boxes and other planting devices may be affixed to the interior of the balcony railings so long as the entire device is within the boundary of the balcony.
18. No clothes washing machines or drying machines shall be permitted in or about any Apartment.
19. The laundry room facilities are for the sole use of the Buildings residents. The Tenant shall use the available laundry facilities only upon such days and during such hours as may be designated by Owner.
20. Access to the roofs of the Buildings by any Tenant or resident is prohibited at all times.
21. All Tenant’s must observe the “Move In – Move Out” rules as established by Owner.
22. Similarly, Tenant’s must observe the posted rules for deliveries and ingress/egress of contractors.
23. The type and number of pets permitted to domicile or visit in the Buildings will be subject to the approval of Owner. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times when being escorted through the halls, lobbies, courtyards and elevators, and may not be permitted freedom in the hallways. Pets shall not be permitted in the laundry rooms. Tenants are responsible for the immediate removal and disposal of animal waste. Pets must not be allowed to urinate or defecate in the Buildings or garages. Any damage or stains resulting from pets will be cleaned or repaired at the Tenant’s expense. Tenants are responsible for prevention and elimination of odor, nuisance, noise, unsanitary conditions and other problems relating to their pets.
24. No pigeons or other birds or animals shall be fed from the windows, balconies or in the yard, court spaces or other public portions of the building, or on the sidewalk or street adjacent to the building.
25. The agents of the Buildings, and any contractor or worker authorized by the Buildings, may enter any Apartment at any reasonable hour of the day for the purpose of inspecting such Apartment to ascertain whether measures are necessary or desirable to control or exterminate any vermin, insects or other pests, and for the purpose of taking such measures as may be necessary to control or exterminate such vermin, insects or other pests. Within reasonable and exigent circumstances, no chemical or poison shall be used without Tenant’s approval.
26. The compactor rooms on each floor will be kept neat by Tenants. Cardboard boxes, large disposed items and recyclable material too large to fit in the appropriate bins are to be brought by Tenants to the designated trash are in the basement.
27. Garbage and refuse from the Apartments shall be disposed of per the recycling programs established by New York City.
28. Owner reserves the right to make such other rules and regulations from time to time as may be deemed needful for the safety, care and cleanliness of the premises and for securing the comfort and convenience of all Tenants. Breach of the Rules and Regulations shall be a default under the Residential lease. As such, Owner may immediately begin holdover proceedings against Tenant. Owner may also impose administrative charges for any such breach and of remedying the same, including the costs of notifying Tenants of such a breach. Such administrative charges shall be deemed Added Rent, as defined in the Residential Lease.
29. Tenants shall not smoke in the Building’s public areas.
Area New York – Broker / Owner
Office: (212) 227-8281 | Mobile: (917) 392-3534
CALL | TEXT | EMAIL